SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julesl_gw

GC trying to back out of the remainder of our kitchen project

julesl
10 years ago

I've posted before about some of the difficulties and frustrations we've been having about our GC but yesterday took the cake!
I had initially picked out polished granite, we had pictures and samples and I arrived home 3 weeks ago to find that the installer was putting up chalky limestone.
So, we've been patiently waiting and the GC calls me yesterday and said he'd call the back splash installer and he, himself, would stop and look at a cabinet that had a large crack. I emphasized that we really need to get our backsplash finished.
He came to our house while I was gone and gave an invoice to my husband and led him to believe that I was going with someone else for the backsplash so, my husband paid him the remainder of what we owed.

I called the GC and his response to me was "well, I have to pay my workers". How strange, to not put the customer first and say "I have to make sure my customers' work is completed". What has happened to customer service? We have not been difficult, we've been patient. I put a stop payment on the check and I intend to charge him for the $30 charge on that once my backsplash is completed.
Is there anything else I can or should be doing? Is Angie's list a good place to use to list complaints?

Comments (5)