SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michoumonster

We're firing our GC -- please advise!!

michoumonster
12 years ago

Hi everybody, this forum has been a generous source for info and inspiration. Previously, i asked about protective measures on GC cash issues and received a tremendous amount of support and sage advice. After trying to monitor our GC's purchases and paying subs directly, we have come to the conclusion that unfortunately, the gc we picked is from an incorrigibly crooked lot . we feel we can no longer continue building and risking our dream home with this guy. We are working with a good lawyer on the termination documents so i think we are covered from that perspective, but i wanted to see if any of you could offer any hands-on practical tips on how to go about ending this relationship? Do i need to worry about potential vandalism or theft, for example? How would a new gc step in? What to do about temporary utilities that were filed to GC's account? How do we make sure gc doesn't open more accounts using my property as collateral? Thank you for any advice! I hope to post pics of a finished build like so many of you have some day...

Comments (14)