SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Cambria seams - what is OK?

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

We are going with Cambria in our new kitchen. We've had Cambria before in our old house. But the kitchen there was much smaller so they were able to do the entire kitchen and there were no seams.

I just talked to the Cambria dealer yesterday and he took down my layout/measurements and called the fabricator. They have 2 slabs of my color in stock. But they would do 2 seams. I know this is because they want to use up the 2 slabs without ordering a 3rd slab. I have 72 sq ft of countertops according to the dealer. I have an island that will be 51" x 69" (with a 1.5" overhang already factored in there). Then I have a spot to the left of my range that is 84" with the standard 25.5" deep. To the right of the range gets tricky. Its an "L" shape that wraps around to the sink wall. This is where they want to use 2 seams. I am not sure where the seams will be yet but I'm not sure I should settle for 2 seams or if I should push them to order a 3rd slab so I will only have 1 seam? Will this cost more? Or perhaps it will just take longer since they will have to get the 3rd slab before they can do anything.

To the right of the range is 72" to the corner wall. Then the sink wall is 136" but that includes the overlap from the 72" corner piece.

I guess I was expecting the 72" piece to be one piece from the range to the wall, and then have a seam running parallel to the sink. And the slab where the sink would be would be all 1 piece, so 1 seam total.

The guy at the kitchen design place that sells the Cambria said the seams are very tight and he has to look for the one at his desk. But I am still not psyched about having 2 seams.

WWYD?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022