SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Antique Brass *GASP* !! ?

tinker_2006
12 years ago

yuck, yuck, yuck...I have always disliked anything in brass since I last (bought) and owned those shiny brass and chrome bath fixtures in the late 80's - so WHY is it that I'm suddenly SO DRAWN to brass !?

My dislike is suddenly causing me great confusion on picking a finish to incorporate! Please help/vote - I need to either marry or divorce this affair!

Kitchen.. 1937, that I'm trying to achieve a "cottagey" old feel. I have chosen off white, inset cabinets WITH exposed hinges, soapstone counters, shaw farmhouse sink, and we are finishing the older (not original) oak flooring. Door hardware is aged brass with crystal knobs (original) and window hardware is old-fashion aged brass (some of this aged brass is almost black, even after cleaning).

My faucet - I *think* I'm going with chrome faucets... and I REALLY must decide on the cabinet hardware.. as the hinges need to be decided upon within the next 2 days!

Given all this info, please help me decide! I see the Antique brass much more, but maybe is is a passing fad..?

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

Comments (11)