SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Kitchen Demo starts today - I've been up since 3

grannysmith18
15 years ago

Well, here goes. I have been wanting/talking about/planning to do this kitchen for about 15 or 20 years. And now I'm just a wreck. This last week was very hard. Some last minute changes to the appliance selection, and last minute spats between my KD & the cabinetmaker & the GC have me all wound up.

On top of which, the electrician I've used in the past for smallish jobs got all huffy that I didn't ask him to do the work in the new kitchen. I explained that the KD hired the GC who has a team of his own with the subs he uses. I even got my KD to promise that she'll try to use him for other jobs she has (my work has signed contracts & money's changed hands already).

Nevertheless, I hate hurt feelings and unpleasantness, and on top of my other concerns about the kitchen - I also decided Saturday night that I don't like where she placed the new window - I'm so close to the edge.

I haven't even started yet and I don't think I can take too much more. And very nice people - my SIL & others, feed me psychobabble about how I should focus on how nice it'll all be when it's done, and I've waited so long, yada yada yada. My (unspoken) response is, of course, sure it'll be nice, just as long as I stay on top of every single detail - which is what's driving me crazy.

OK, so now you know.

Comments (12)