SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olga__d

Paint help for kitchen/dining room

olga_d
15 years ago

Our kitchen reno has finally began - unfortunately that means it's about time for me to choose the paint colours, eek!

To give you a little background, we are getting lightly stained maple cabs, peacock green granite, and natural hickory flooring. The kitchen and dining room areas are open (well, the will be after the reno). ;) I am determined to paint something red and have a tall accent wall that I was planning to do that with. For the rest of the kitchen I was thinking of another colour, something more muted.

Benjamin Moore paints were recommended to us and I have been looking at the Aura paints. I am loving their "dinner party" (AF-300) colour, what would you recommend to go with it as the more muted colour? One that I was considering was their "elemental" (AF-400).

Also, we will be painting the ceiling and trim, I was thinking of a white-type colour (planning to use any of the BM paints, not just Aura for this). Any recommendations?

One more thing - we will have painted baseboards. Should we go with the trim colour or the wall colour on those?

Comment (1)