SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie3

Poll: How long without a kitchen?

Jean Farrell
15 years ago

I am starting to think that our kitchen renovation is the longest in the history of the universe, and I'm just curious as to how long other people have been without a kitchen, and now complex you would say your renovation is or was.

We ordered cabinets in about November/December, started demo in mid-February, and we have not had a kitchen since then. The kitchen end of the house is cut off from the rest of the house by plastic and taped up doors. We can get there by our back stairs, but we cannot use it AT ALL. We didn't have a back entrance until a week or two ago. I am guessing that we will not have a reasonably functional kitchen until mid-September, at the earliest.

We demololished to the studs, new floor, new coffered ceiling, new windows (including enlarged window holes), new back door, new back deck. We put in a radiant floor heating system, also are doing powder room, walk-in pantry (existing room, but moved door, so need reconfigured shelves), new built-in bookcases in eating area.

Comments (34)