SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Would You Be Upset If . . . [Need Advice, Not Kitchen Related]

John Liu
13 years ago

I am extremely sorry to ask a question that is not directly kitchen related. I know, I should ask this in ''Conversations'' but I need advice in the next 24 hours, and there is very little traffic there. And I know I shouldn't cross-post, but I am slightly panicked about this. I promise I won't break forum rules again.

So - I'm putting together a photo book for SWMBO's birthday. It will be photos from our time together, chronologically.

And I'm stuck on the last picture!

My favorite picture of her is from about 20 years ago, it is a rather fine shot if I do say so myself.

However, I am wondering if she will be upset if I end the book with that picture of the young her, rather than the current her. Kind of like, I'm saying she's no longer beautiful or some other message.

I don't have a recent shot of her that is anywhere near as good. Mostly because I haven't been that into photography and, frankly, 99.9% of the photos in the last 10 years are of the kids, not of she or me. Which is something I vow to change, but right now I'm working w/ the photo library I have.

What do you think? I need help figuring out how the female mind works. I have asked some male buddies, and gotten advice along the lines of ''use whatever pic is the hottest, dude!'' Yes, very helpful. One suggested I quickly take a picture of her now, but she is out of town so that is not possible, plus that would rather ''give it away''. Anyway I'd have no time to develop and print it - I am a film guy at heart, that's where my best shots come from, not from some low-resolution digital point-n-shoot..

I need to finish this book tomorrow night (8/19) and get it ordered, hence my growing panic.

Hmm, I thought of something - an option is to order the book with several blank pages at the end, where I can promise to mount prints of the beautiful B&W shots that I will take of her. Maybe that would finesse it. Maybe she'll still kill me, but less painfully.

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!