SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20104582

How to support a silgranit sink

User
12 years ago

I feel like all I have are issues...even when I think I know what I should do. Our granite was installed today, over a Blanco Silgranit sink. We have a super single that is 32" wide (including undermount edge) Our sink base is 34" so the granite fabricator told us that we should have the contractor add some 1" strips inside the base cabinet that the sink could rest on (these were put in just slightly lower that the cabinet top so the sink rests flush or a hair below the cabinet tops). So the granite was installed today and I did not see them install everything, but I'm not sure that the sink is

clipped to the granite. It is siliconed in, but it seems that the wood strips

may be supporting the sink and the granite was just laid on top and siliconed to the sink. The wood strips are screwed into the 1/2" plywood

sides, but is that enough support for the sink when it is being used? They

also did the seam in the middle of the sink (which I agreed to, but then later read was not a great idea) I do like how small it is, but does it seem

like I might have problems? I haven't paid my final payment and I would

like to fix things while I still have some financial backing. The granite is Bianco Antico and I am in love with it!

Comments (10)