SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamrock_gw

Blanco Silgranit sink 'need' a sink grid?

jamrock
12 years ago

I will be moving home soon and I am trying to find out if I need to get a sink grid for my Blanco Silgranit Cascade sink.

I know that most people either love sink grids or hate them. I have not liked anything on the bottom of my sink in the past, so my guess is that I will not like anything there now. Also, the sink houses my garbage disposal so it seems like it would just get in the way, though I have never used a disposal before.

I chose this sink because I hate how stainless sinks look, unless brand new, and I thought I didn't have to baby the Silgranit. I read about the hot pasta cracking the sink and that is disturbing, but what to do - everything has a problem.

If you have a Silgranit Cascade, I'd especially like to hear from you and even more if you have been using it (or have used it) without a sink grid. If you used it without one and then added one, I'd love to know why.

This is not about how great or awful sink grids are, just about whether or not I am likely to somehow damage my sink or easily break things placed in the sink, if I use it without a sink grid.

As I typed the paragraph above, it made me think that if that was the case the sink should have automatically been sold with the sink.

Thanks, in advance, for your time and comments.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus