SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

WWYD? Repaint or choose new curtains?

kathec
14 years ago

My formal living and dining room are open to each other, separated by floor to ceiling columns. They are the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. When we first moved in 18 months ago, I wanted a cooler color as the sunlight is south in the living room and west in the dining room. I started to put BM Palladian Blue on, but it looked too green, so I added BM Wyeth Blue to adjust the color. I hung curtains I brought over from my last house which has a beige, white and gold leaf pattern. The only furniture I had in there was some off white wing chairs. The curtain and wall colors were just OK together, I wasn't totally sold.

Recently I bought some orange tone on tone polka dot slipper chairs from Overstock to stage a rental house we were trying to sell. Now I want to use the orange chairs in this room and the colors are just not working together. From what I can see I can either:

1) repaint the walls a more neutral tone to try to get it to all work together

2) change out the curtains to another color, maybe orange, or white

3) move the chairs into the family room where the adjacent kitchen has gold, green & orange

HELP! We're not big entertainers, but if we have anyone over it's usually during the holidays. I'm going to try to put photos in the body, but if not, I'll link to my flickr acount.

TIA. Kathe

Here is a link that might be useful: Color dilemma

Comments (22)