SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koidom

Can anyone think outside the catalog for me?

koidom
16 years ago

Question.

Can light blue walls with one orange accent wall work with brown and black furniture ?

I have black wood furniture, a brown learther couch. and have been dreaming of a orange wall.

Here are some pillows and other things in the room.

{{!gwi}}

Background

I don't really have a style, but global cottage seems to fit.

My house is a show case of hunts throw thrift storeand yard sale jungles, collections of different styles and times, and hand me downs from friends with a gift here and there.

It's also a time warp of newlyweds working 60 hours a week who did not have any time or money to furnish a empty house, then later with sickness and the loss of my job and later bad back and the loss of his, money got tight and never got what it deserved, but has took on a personality of it's own.

With furniture from my teenage bedroom when I lived with my parents and a $50 dollar futon I did what I could with the most difficult space, it has door ways and walk throws on every wall.

I love to decorate!!

And I'm not going to let having no money stop me. But I would like advise, not in telling me that I need to place an order at PB and buy this or that but on how to improve on my home in a way that will make me happy and I can afford.

You all have lovely homes, and give great advise!

Any one good at free style?

I got two five dollar chairs and the style was right for the price, a lady who is a fan of domino magazine had the same ones on her blog and she has done a great job redoing hers.

Here is one she redone, I even like the color.

{{!gwi}}

Here are the ones I have, I just put them in here and took a picture along with some other things like my curtains from the living room, (the living room is being held Hostage by my husband's love of the $50 futon I have replaced with a brown leather couch, but he says the futon is the only comffy thing for his back, he does have trouble sleeping in our bed and spends most nights on the ugly thing so until back surgrey is over with my hands are tied :( )

They are two short as the couch and the chairs must be the same height in order for it to look right, any way other then rollers to add some height? and if I could get them the right height and put new fabric on the green one would they work with my brown leather couch? or do I need to keep looking?

I like the lamp, but don't like the brass, any idea what I could do with it?

{{!gwi}}

Thanks if you took the time to read this and reply or if you just read this and can't reply becuase your mommy told you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. :)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County