SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Does anyone have any La-z-boy furniture?

Linda Ross
14 years ago

Does anyone have any La-z-boy furniture such as the leather reclining sofa or chair? Are you happy with it? My daughters are telling me it isn't the "look" that is in and they like more of a "Pottery Barn" look. I have a some very nice furniture in the living/family room now but it isn't very comfortable. I got the sofa at Restoration Hardware a few years ago. We don't have a formal living room we have a living/family room in an open area off the kitchen/eating area where we watch TV/read. Upstairs there is a game room with pool table/sofa/chairs and TV but my husband and I hardly ever go up there, usually teenagers and young adult relatives use it. We both work stressful jobs with long hours and want to be comfortable and gosh we need to put our legs up as we are 60 yrs and I am tired of falling over ottomans. Will I be disappointed with the La-z-boy look? I thought about upgrading the leather. I wanted a chocolate/java brown. I was thinking of getting the sofa and recliner but would that be too much of that look? I have a large oriental rug on the floor, a grand piano in the alcove, a couple of other cloth chairs, end tables/coffee table and painted the walls the BM Dijon. Need advice...no curtains yet, lots of windows. My husband and I downsized from the big formal house a few years ago when the four children left for college and now we want a more livable, casual, comfortable home but still put together and somewhat upscale. I just can't get the look to come together. I had the Ethan Allen decorator out and when he was done describing his ideas it seemed more like my mother-in-law's taste than mine, much too formal.

Comments (17)