SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Does anyone own a LaPerm cat?

amicus
16 years ago

I tried to post this on the Pet Forum, but for some reason my post keeps getting rejected, so I'll ask my friends here at the KT for your help. My son loves cats and has wanted one all his life, but we couldn't oblige him growing up since his brother is severely allergic to cats as well as being asthmatic. DS is now grown and moving in with his fiancee and thought he could finally have a cat. However his fiancee told him that although she loves cats and had one growing up, she seemed to have developed an allergy to it in her last year or so at home before moving out on her own.

DS was disappointed that he may never be able to own a cat, because obviously his future wife's health comes first. But someone suggested to him that perhaps they could get a LaPerm cat, which is a breed that has wavy or curly hair that supposedly doesn't shed like a regular cat's hair. He was told these cats also have a very sweet and affectionate disposition, which would be great since some cats can be rather aloof.

Does anyone have or know someone with a LaPerm cat who can inform us if they really do shed a lot less?

Comments (13)