SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summertime1_gw

Serious doubts about my backsplash choice..

Summertime1
11 years ago

Hope some of you can help me with my backsplash and granite choice. My remodel starts this Monday, and we have ordered cabinets, floor, and backsplash. Still figuring out countertop.

Here is a picture of my cabinets (in another kitchen)..Thank you Kompy for posting this here several years ago. They are Medallion Cherry in a stain called Chestnut, that is a touch lighter in tone than it appears here. (The layout is also very much like my own kitchen, so you can get the idea)

Floor, which has a hint of gold highlight:

And now, the backsplash that actually came in today:

I have to say I wasn't totally sure about the backsplash, but had planned on going with a slate, and my KD assured me that it would achieve the warm look that I wanted and would tie in beautifully with the floor and cabinets. But now, I am having a great deal of trouble choosing a countertop that works with the backsplash. We had planned on granite, and my KD has suggested something with a gold tone such as the sample below:

This is called "Golden Sparkle" .. another choice is a granite called Patagonia, which is similar but a little lighter gray.

I LOVE the granites.. but am not sure if they are too busy to go with the back splash. My KD thinks they work, but I have some doubts.

Now I'm having doubts about the backsplash, and sadly have not ruled out sending it back, although it will be an expensive decision! I do REALLY like it, but not sure if it's right in this kitchen... too dark? too much gray slate? I would not call this a kitchen with a ton of natural light (there is a large window, but it faces north). We are planning under-cabinet lighting and generous ceiling lighting.

Would so appreciate any thoughts you folks might have... Thank you!!

Comments (19)