SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackchamois

Counter choices - What's the right look for my space?

blackchamois
10 years ago

I live in a small condo in Southern California. Even so, when I decided to give my place a facelift (after 20+ years here), I wanted the choices to reflect "me". I'm not sure how I would describe my taste but I'll just say that I want my space to have a "casual Pottery Barn-esque vibe" to it.

Having said that, I don't want it to be too taste specific that it would look out of place. (I'm not necessary planning to move any time soon. Nevertheless, I always try to keep resale somewhat in mind.)

About my space as it stands right now:
Floor - Mohawk in Mocha Maple
Fireplace - new mantle and columns, limestone tile hearth and surround
Paint (Dining/Living) - BM Edgecomb Gray
Paint (trim) - BM Simply White
I plan to purchase a custom size sectional with 2 sets of slipcovers ... one in a white/off white and the other in TBD. (I like having options :))
Ignore the OLD sofa, ottoman and ugly brown rug.

The kitchen that you see is coming out! The cabinets need to be replaced (long story) and I'm anticipating that the counters (Caesarstone Raven) will not make the transition unscathed. So I am prepared to have to replace them. That being the case, I am considering some of the newer Caesarstone colors - Frosty Carrina or Piatra Gray (love the veining) or ... sticking with the Raven! The newer colors would increase the cost of the counters by about $500. I don't dislike the Raven, but think maybe the PG has a "softer" look to it. Not sure that the FC will go with the white of my cabinets.

Here is what else I have locked down for the kitchen -
Cabinets - Shaker style and just "white" paint color that my cabinet maker uses (so it's probably a tad cooler than Simply White)
Appliances and sink - SS
Faucet - Moen Brantford in chrome
Knobs/Pulls - Have not purchased yet, but was planning on doing the Amerock Highland Ridge in polished nickel

What are your thoughts? Here are a few pics of my space. (Don't know how to post multiple so will be in separate posts :()

Comments (21)