SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bossanova2

Choosing granite - anyone have buyer's regret?

bossanova2
12 years ago

Hello all you lovely kitchen people - I have benefitted significantly from your wisdom over the years as I lurked about in the ether. We've done a number of kitchens over the years (my husband is a GC) but now we're faced with the biggest challenge of all: our own home! You know the old adage - the shoemaker's kids go barefoot? ;o)

Short version: if you chose "busy" granite and have lived with it for a while now, are you still happy with it, or...?

Long version: After choosing flooring and a quartz composite counter, then working out from there (cabinet colours, art glass pendants, etc), the time had come for installation of the cabinets and countertop. Much to our dismay, the sample of counter that we designed our kitchen around is not available in a large enough slab to complete the job without a seam! (Insert expletive of your choice here).

So...I'm now shopping for granite (and eating a huge amount of take-out while impatiently awaiting the re-installation of my lovely Bertazzoni pro!). I LOVE natural materials and am very excited to select a slab, but with so much movement in other features (Jatoba flooring, art glass pendants), I am concerned about overwhelming this small space with complicated patterns. I will likely change the pendants to a solid color but the flooring and cabinets are a done deal. Any comments would be most welcome, and I apologise for the photo album of pic's - and hope that I've done this correctly. Thanks for reading!

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g329/BossaNovaConstruction/Granite/

Comments (31)