SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Billy Bookcases - Help ASAP!

2ajsmama
15 years ago

Can someone tell me if this is a good price for Ikea Billy Bookcases? It's $75 ea including the extension that would make it almost 8 ft high (I don't think the guy would sell them w/o the extensions anyway). He supposedly bought them just a few months ago, they should be in good shape, and he posted the link showing original prices for the beech veneer. But DH doesn't really want to buy particleboard furniture. Ds has an 8ft (101") wall niche that's 13" deep right by his bed (where his room meets back of dd's closet). I've been looking for bookcases less than 13" deep, I think 3 Billy bookcases (31.5" wide ea) would work well there, can even secure them to wall and trim out around/between them to make them look built in. Solid pine bookcases are much more expensive, hard to find in the size we need, so unless we can get a relative to make them for cost of materials I don't think we're going to do better. Is Ikea quality there, will these last a 10-yr old boy until college? We're going to see them in about 3 hrs so need opinions ASAP. Thanks

Comments (12)