SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

Anyone have a Fager vent hood?

User
11 years ago

I went to the Kitchen store today and looked at Modern Aire. Seems you can't have an inline 600 cfm with them. I liked the baffles and the noise level, even though they only had one model in the store and it was a 1200. The guy turned it halfway on and said that is what a 600 would sound like.

His top recommendation was a Best by Broan. But after reading on this forum and the appliance forum, there seems to be a majority opinion that the company is hard to deal with if there is a problem.

His second choice was Vent-a-hood with the magic lung, but again reading here, it's not as easy to clean as one with baffles.

Then he showed me the Fager. Noise level about the same as the Modern Aire, baffles easier to take out, AND it's possible to use another blower inline with them.

And then the bad thing about going to an appliance store - I looked at some wall hoods, and there are certainly some nice looking ones, plus they have a timer on the blower. I thought that would be really handy. None of the liners have a timer. :(

trailrunner, this place didn't have any Tradewinds. Did you order yours online? I'd really like to hear one before ordering anything.

I also don't understand why a liner and blower are more expensive than an all-in-one vent hood.

Any thoughts on any of these?

Comments (18)