SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
listener_gw

Help me choose a kitchen faucet

listener
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what faucet to get for the kitchen, but I don't know what models to look for. If I give you some idea of what other details we have in our house, do you think you could recommend some options?

We're going to have either Ikea Nexus yellow-brown cabinets or something semi-custom in solid cherry. Slab doors. Blanco maple silestone countertop and light bamboo floors. White walls with sage 1x6 staggered tile backsplash and stainless steel appliances.

Earlier searches led us to something that was aesthetically pleasing, the Moen Monticello [http://www.amazon.com/7730SL-Monticello-Kitchen-Matching-Stainless/dp/B0009K5MQ8], but now our preferences have changed slightly.

The rest of the house features Omnia stainless steel hardware on the doors; does it make sense to choose a faucet that matches these?

We'd like a single hole faucet with one control knob on top, not on the side of the faucet, with a pull-out faucet.

We want a faucet that reaches well over the sink. The house in which we currently are staying has a tall but not very deep faucet and I always hurt my back leaning forward to wash dishes. Also, because the faucet opening is close to the back of the sink, water splashes on the backsplash way too often, which is inconvenient because the backsplash and countertop are soapstone.

Thanks for your help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH