SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margieb2_gw

Okay, so I think I'm done...Thank you ! (PICS)

margieb2
15 years ago

So I think we're pretty much done except for the bar stools and a couple of other small items. The process went much more quickly than we anticipated. Demo began First week in March and the kitchen was complete by the end of May. The contractor was a dream and there were no major problems or surprises (other than the electrical safety hazards that were uncovered during demolition!)

I owe the resourceful, knowlegeable, creative, and talented members of this forum my heartfelt thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge and inspirational kitchens.

In particular, thank you to Zolablue, rococogurl, sharb, jamesk, allison0704, bella_4, charlie 123, momto4kids deanna1949, and artteacher, AMONG MANY OTHERS...for sage advice and kitchens that helped shape my kitchen vision. We had a number of setbacks, one big one due to DH's job loss. But I have to say, everything's worked out for the best.

We kept the original footprint of the room but swapped a peninsula for the island. We were a bit apprehensive aobut this as the trend is to do the revers but this setup works really well for us, creates better zones and a better flow.

SO here's a before:

And After:

Comments (81)