SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

1 under-cab light or 2, under each set of cab. doors?

theresse
13 years ago

Hiya,

I've got until Tuesday morning to pick under-cab lights, it turns out! I'll attach a pic at the bottom here which shows my cabinets above the countertop (separated by a sink). I'm not sure whether one under-cabinet light or two would be the right amount (?). The cabinets are about 38" wide and the space from where the countertop will be (right now it's just underlayment) to the upper cabs is just a tad over 14".

If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears (or eyes, I should say).

Also I see there are several types of bulbs I could get, according to one store: xenon (?), halogen, fluorescent, LED or traditional incandescent. I don't like the cold look of fluorescent and I'm guessing halogen too (not sure of LED) and probably prefer the warmth of traditional incandescent...however - aside from environmental concerns - I also wonder how hot they could get. There's a small TV sitting at an angle under a corner of one of the cabs. I'll mostly use them dimmed for ambience and won't have them on bright most of the time I'm guessing (but who knows - I've never had under-cabinet lighting before!).

Here's the link to the general idea:

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of cabinets. Countertop will be another 1 1/8

Comments (9)