SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prill_gw

More colonial/less country

14 years ago

Hi all - I'm new to the decorating area. I've been hanging out in kitchens since I found it in April and starting a piece by piece redo of some of my kitchen. I took down part of the dining room wall, put in soapstone counters and a fireclay apron front sink, had my cabinets painted white (that's a whole other nightmare story), new backsplash, dishwasher and fridge. Still need a new stove and floor.

My problem is that because of the style of my cabinet doors, my kitchen looks to country and not as colonial as I would like. I collect yellowware and blue onion, pie safes and antiques.

Any suggestions on making space more colonial looking and less country looking? One thing I'm thinking is a dark cabinet pull instead of the stainless. And the light fixture that Jant has over her sink over mine.

I just saw some pics of Jant's kitchen. That's what I'm going for - it's not far off from mine, but just enough. I know part of my problem in no liking my kitchen is that my cabinet painting experience was so bad. It's left me with bad feelings.

Jant's kitchen and the light! Thanks Jant for the inspiration.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jant's kitchen

Comments (10)