SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjhockeyfan325

Struggling to find a coffee table

sjhockeyfan325
9 years ago

Attached is a crude drawing of our living room sectional, swivel chair and rug. We are struggling to find a great coffee table in the right dimensions. The limiting factor is that all 3 adults who live here like to put their feet up on the table, and we're all short! we generally have our "places" - mine is on the shorter end of the sectional and my DH's is on the chair, facing each other. If the table is going to be the right distance for both of us to put our feet up (about 14" from the front edge of the chair and sofa), it seems to me the chair impinges too much on that end of the sofa.

(The bigger rectangle in the drawing is the rug. We got an 8x10 because we finally found one we like, but we could definitely go larger, 9 x 12 or even 10x 14 - this is part of a very large open concept living room, dining room, kitchen. The living room portion by itself measures about 21 x 19)

Today I was thinking that maybe we should get the 54" table we saw yesterday, and some kind of footstool for the person sitting in the swivel chair.

What do you think would work best in this space (the sectional and chair are taupe leather, with chrome legs - very modern)? Shoukd we push the chair forward a few inches, or find another solution for the person in the chair?

Comments (19)