SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

My Delta faucet story and a quick question

bac717
10 years ago

This morning we had a new Delta faucet installed in the kitchen. Here is a picture of it (Delta Cassidy) and the story of how we came to 'need' a new faucet.

About a month ago, the faucet in the kitchen developed a problem with the water pressure, giving us little to no water when the faucet was turned on. My DH contacted customer service at Delta, explained the problem and gave them the model #. They sent the parts (no charge) to fix the pull out portion of our faucet. However, when they parts arrived, they were not for our faucet. DH called customer service again and explained the problem. Turns out, our faucet (that is less than 10 years old) is not available anymore. I wish they had told us that in the first phone call. We were then advised to pick out a completely new faucet and they would send it to us (at no charge!). They even expedited the delivery so it would arrive in time for us to install it before Thanksgiving, so I must say, their customer service is very good. However, there's still a part of me that feels a faucet should not need repairs twice (we had another problem, which was fixable, a few years ago) in less than 10 years.

So with our new style faucet, here is my question for anyone who has a faucet like our new one, with the control handle on the side. When the handle is straight up, is your water hot or cold? I ask this because after the faucet was installed, when the handle was straight up, the water was cold, even tho you see an 'H' and when the handle was straight out toward you, the water was hot, but you see a 'C'. The plumber reversed the water lines so the temperature of the water matches the letter you see on the handle (even tho this goes against the standard of cold on the right and hot on the left). It probably doesn't make any difference, but I'm just curious to how other faucets are set up.

Comments (10)