SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahcate

Do You Know Fabric Types: Woven vs. Print? Help Me Please

leahcate
15 years ago

Before I head off to the fabric store for the 2 chairs being reupholstered, I'd love some advice from those of you knowledgeable about fabric. It needs to not show dirt easily. A print will do that. It needs to be resistant to abrasion from daily use, and believe a woven is best for that. I know a rayon- cotton or rayon- poly blend is okay. Can 100% cotton ever fill this need? I don't want an olefin.

Because they will sit next to a 2-tone, tweedy chenille sofa, it must not match that look. I see I'm veering off into style picks now and better stick to original question:>) Oh okay, I'll just say this: a red medium check(country French) would look nice, but red and cream would not hide soil well enough, I 'd think. A country French toile might work if it weren't such a light weight(think Laura Ashly). I have seen some beauties that were none of the above ( tone on tones)that would fill the bill, but they are over $100.00/yd. I'm hoping not to spend that much, if possible. Most I've seen that would work have a rayon- dressy look to them vs. the linen,cotton look I prefer. Sure would love any of your thoughts, advice,ideas,tips...thanks!

Comments (3)