SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marmoreus_gw

Raising my hand for backsplash help (pics)

marmoreus
13 years ago

Hello Kitchen GW gurus!

I'm trying to pick out some subway tile for my kitchen and would love some input. Right now I am looking at Horus Art Bianco Antico and Walker Zanger Gramercy Park in Heirloom White and also Pipe Smoke. The Horus Art comes in 3x6 tiles and the WZ in 2x6.

The Horus Art is a bit lighter than my cabinets (the biscuit color of that tile is too creamy) and the heirloom white seems like a pretty good match. But I love the price of the Horus Art so much more!

Also I am deciding between just doing a running bond for the whole area or framing out a section above the range and doing a herringbone pattern. Someone also suggested to me that I could do the WZ heirloom white in the framed section and the pipe smoke everywhere else. Not sure what I think about that idea.

Anyway, take a look at the pics below and let me know what you think. I know it's tough sometimes to tell color on computer monitors. If you think I should keep looking or you have other suggestions, I am all ears!

Lastly, if anyone has used WZ pipe smoke themselves, I'd love to see a picture. Haven't come across any yet.

Thanks so much!

Comments (14)