SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnamichelle_gw

White, Black or Stainless? Please advise on fridge (pics)

shawnamichelle
13 years ago

We bought this 1950s ranch last fall and have big plans for this kitchen. The only thing we've done so far is to take down some hanging cabinets (over bar that juts out). We like the retro-ish feel but don't want to commit to that theme. We will be keeping the cabinets. And next week we're painting the walls in kitchen (behind fridge and between upper/lower cabinets and above paneling in dr all a sage green. We will be dealing with all other cosmetics (floor, countertops, cabinet colors, lights, window treatments, etc) at a much later point.

What the problem is that we need to get a new fridge now b/c the one we have is no longer working. I'm at a loss. We don't have a grand final design in mind. The kitchen has been growing on us and we're learning a lot by living in it what we like and don't.

The problem is the dominance of the fridge in our space (which we're not changing) As you can see in the pics, the fridge stands out b/c it's on a wall of it's own. We currently have:

a white dishwasher

a mustard yellow wall mounted oven (works great!)

a black cooktop and hood

We will replace other appliances down the road. Our main concern is that the fridge can be seen from 3 sides. I can imagine a white one. A black seems so dominant. Or maybe not. And I like stainless but we saw a bunch today and most have greyish sides or black. B/c our fridge can be seen from both sides, would grey be too weird since nothing else would be grey? Do we go with a stainless that has black sides?

BTW, we plan on moving the washer/dryer to our mudroom and taking down the closets that were built around them, maybe putting in a passthrough to the lr. And we are toying with moving the island next to the fridge. So if you'd like to comment on that, please do, but really I need to decide on a fridge soon! And we have a 3 month old baby and a 3 year old so excuse the heavily papered fridge and baby things!!

Thanks for any advise you have on the color fridge we should get.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions