SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwynnie8

Soapstone indecision

gwynnie8
11 years ago

I have long wanted a soapstone countertop, so when we decided to go ahead and redo the kitchen, we knew we wanted ss. I selected a Barroca slab but was never in love with it - it had a beautiful white, swirling vein in one area but the rest of it had what I call thin "slash" or "scratch" marks. I kept trying to accept it but finally said I had to go back and look at something else. Well, when we went back, they had recently had a new shipment of LOTS of new slabs and a Santa Rita caught my eye (I was now told that when we previously selected the Barroca, they didn't have a lot to choose from but now! well the place was full! ) I was so turned off by the first one I didn't really want to look at more Barrocs, so I was really happy with the S.R. I was viewing. However, now I am having doubts. Our cabinets will be white and innearly every pic I see of white kitchens with ss, they have Barroca. I have also hear Santa Rita is softer and more prone to dings, etc. Is there that much of a difference? Don't they all suffer "dings"?This S. R. slab however, has some very beautiful sea glass green veins in it, which I love - but we have such small areas to cover, I am afraid they may be too overpowering (15" on one side of the sink, 39" on the other and a 36" area on one side of the stove on the other wall with 39" on the far side of the oven. I am thinking of having a 10" or so backsplash of ss behind the sink and faucet against an original brick wall, too. So, that's more area to cover and be visible. I don't mind the green (in the S.R.) as some people do, so that's not the problem. I know they are going to think I am schizo if I go back and want to look again. Do people do that often?? I am also having a farmhouse/apron ss sink made from whichever slab we end up with. What about Anastacia? Julia? Rainforest? Kannada? Belvedere?? others?? See what I mean? I am so confused - never been this indecisive about anything... :(

Comments (14)