SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drjgreenberg

Newbie needs layout opinions! Thanks!

drjgreenberg
14 years ago

Hi! I am a long time lurker and I am ready to get started with planning a kitchen. I would love some feed back on my kitchen layout. I have gotten layouts from 2 cabinet places and I feel that the design was heavily influenced by me. Good in a way, but I would love more input and feedback!

I am planning to steal 2 feet from the dining room and add it to the kitchen by moving the wall. I am uneasy with eliminating the dining room altogether, mainly due to resale purposes. Our dining room is rarely used for dining- mostly used as a mudroom now!

Here is the basic kitchen/house layout including the structural changes from the architect. The other pics are from 2 different kitchen places, but both layouts are very similar.

Kitchen design

Love this idea and look of the mantel over the range, but I hate that a mantel robs so much counterspace.

Here is an alternate range option- I am not a huge fan of wall cabinets but it is very practical for plate and cup storage- and leaves me with more counterspace.

Refrigerator wall- this wall will be right next to a new opening into the living room

Kitchen measurements- do aisles seem ok? I would like an island as large as possible.

My kitchen "musts" are:

Island

Full RF and Full freezer

Pantry space

Mudroom space

Desk area

Dog bowl area

All ideas, opinions and feedback is welcome. THANKS!!

Comments (21)