SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellym2_gw

Newbie Would Love your Expert Opinion on Kitchen Layout!

kellym2
15 years ago

My husband and I just bought a house and are in the process of redoing E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

We're not going to change the kitchen's footprint (it wouldn't really make sense with the house's layout). We have this draft cabinet layout, and I'd love your opinion! There are a few things that I don't think are ideal, and if you have suggestions for fixes, I would be forever grateful.

Here are the issues:

1. The DW. With the angle of the sink, we had to move it over so the door didn't open right in your way while you were standing at the sink. That meant inserting a seemingly useless 9-inch cabinet between sink and DW. Seems like wasted space to me - I don't know how we'd use that tiny cabinet.

2. The wall cup cabinet. I think you need a cabinet where your glasses just obviously should be, right? The previous layout had that, but we had to insert a 9-inch pantry between the fridge and wall so the fridge would open, and that meant taking away precious inches where that cabinet was before. We've gone from an 18-inch cabinet to a 12, which seems like it will be really annoying to put our glasses in.

3. Does everything else look normal and okay? Like, is it okay to have drawers on one side of the stove and cabinets on the other?

Sorry for the crappy layout pic, which is TOTALLY NOT TO SCALE, but I wanted to give you some idea of what you're looking at.

I'm a total newbie, so I'll appreciate any suggestions you have! Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)