SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

What intensity of paint color did you choose (and why)?

Scarlett001
10 years ago

I know the colour shade that I want to repaint my house. I am deciding about 2 versions of the colour (different intensities): (i) one is a bit deeper/more intense (ii) one still has colour (not a cream) but less intense. I've done test patches of both. Have "tested" a few walls of the more intense colour and will test the lighter colour over the same walls this week. The darker one is quite good during the day, while at night it does get rather "intense" for lack of a better word - very saturated in feel (bit more than I prefer).

(The deeper paint could be compared to something like Wheatfield or Straw in Benjamin Moore. The light version would be like taking a 65-70% percentage of those colours.)

QUESTION:I know daylight brightens and can at times of day even wash out the colour, or late afternoon light can really warm up colours. And artificial light can intensify things. What decision did you make in your house about what intensity of paint colour to use and why? For anyone with intensified colours at night - do you find it gets overwhelming or looks cozy? For anyone with a light-to-mid colour, does it wash out too much during the daylight hours?

Comments (4)