SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mavia_2000

need help (really bad) with duvet cover - asap

mavia_2000
14 years ago

I'm leaving in 1 1/2 hours to go shopping for the day. I have been searching for 9 months for a comforter for a guest room. I finally found something I love and also husband likes. BUT here is the problem. They are for twins and no one carries much in twins so I found a queen that I can cut down and resew the cording. I purchased 4 twin comforters the other day. two to go inside and two to put on the bed. They are too small 63 X 86. I thought twins were 68 X92.

I've never used a duvet before and now I'm not so sure. When I put the comforter in to try it on the bed - it looked messy and how the heck do you get it flat and even inside??

The measurement I need to hang down and cover the wood frame is 75 X 90. So, I guess my plan is to get a queen comforter and cut it down -also do you use the fluffest (is that a word)comforter you can get?

I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. I wanted the duvet over the comforter so I could wash it since we have cats that like to sleep in that room but my plan is to leave a king sheet on it so it won't be full of hair when I have guests.

What should I do??????????????????????????????? thanks for any help

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21