SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdaykitchen

ASAP help needed! Panel ready frig-how to cover side trim?

bdaykitchen
15 years ago

Need help ASAP! My new panel ready Kitchenaid KFCO22EVBL refrigerator delivered was yesterday. I was shocked to see that the trim on the sides of the doors are black and appears they cannot be covered (Pics of the frig online show only completely covered front view- no side view.) A 2" zebra stripe was not exactly the look I was going for in my creamy white kitchen. The cabinet maker says he cannot build the panel to cover the side trim. Called Kitchenaid- they said they do not have any parts or any other way to cover the black trim. Cabinetmaker is talking about painting it with appliance paint-- to me also not an ideal situation for a frig I just spent so much $$ on.

Any other ideas?? It's not stainless & is magnetized- is there some kind of metal strip that can be applied to at least give it a stainless look? Or anyone had a creative cabinet person who figured out how to address this?

Appliance place seems helpful but will probably only give me today to figure out if I want to keep or return it. Any ideas & pics greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, in advance!

Comments (19)