SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Vintage Kitchen Plan - elevation

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

I just got an elevation from the contractor last night for our beachhouse project.

Here is the before kitchen:
{{!gwi}}

Here is my inspiration kitchen and layout:

{{!gwi}}

So my contractor sends me this, and all i can think is BLECH. Now granted, he warns me that he can't show the pieces i plan to put in the way they really look, and the trim is all brown whereas it has already been painted white .... yet still, i was a little worried.

{{!gwi}}

So this morning I played around with it. Put things in colors that are about right (except floor and molding). And, most importantly, i added muntins! Et voila ...

{{!gwi}}

I have decided that the furniture piece should look as much like the Mousehole cottage one as possible (thank, KSWL, for first finding this cottage for me!). I was toying with a Shaker piece but it's not a good fit now that I see the elevation.

I also learned from this exercise that the d/w needs to be beefed up visually. That's why I put in something with a lot of false drawer fronts and hardware. I also think it should be painted like the furniture piece to its right. I was going to match it to the builtins in the BP and other side of the K. But unfitted is one things, visual cacophony is another.

I was toying with shelving above the D/W, but I think there are a lot of possibilities there? Clock?

I also thought about a glass shelf across the windows, like below. And/or a shelf over the windows? Problem is I don't need more storage, it creates a responsibility to decorate it, and I tend to kill plants (esp in a a second home!)

WWYD? Shelf across or over the window? Shelves above the D/W?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH