SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

OT but funny ...

12 years ago

Well, maybe it's somewhat decor-oriented. (And funny only because it didn't happen at my house!)

;-D

"Oh my gosh" is an understatement.

Here is a link that might be useful: What's the matter, mommy?

Comments (57)

• 12 years ago

Well, I'm 32, have two boys (13 months apart) and I'd kill 'em! :)

Jen, your story reminds me of a time a few months ago when my boys were playing hide and seek with their cousin. Unbeknownst to the others, my younger son (he's 5) stopped playing to use the bathroom. While he was standing at the toilet peeing, his cousin, thinking someone was hiding in the bathroom, flung the door open and screamed. Literally scared the s#*t out of my son. Projectile poop EVERYWHERE.

• 12 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks that video was staged? I mean, the flour sprinkled on the sofa backs and the picture frames just seems too precise for what kid's that age would have done.

If it wasn't faked, I have to ask where was any adult when that mess was being made?

• Related Discussions

OT Funny at least I think so :)

Q

Comments (6)
    Hahahaha. Hilarious. If he were smart like me, he woulda just stuck with the old OS. If it aint broke, don't fix it :) Then again, when GF 7.0 becomes obsolete I'm liable to be stuck high and dry :( What about when time takes it's toll on your hardware? Time to trade the whole thing in on the latest and greatest laptop :o If your reading this baby, JK. I like my current rig enough that I'ld just have to take it to the shop for some "upgrades" ;)
    ...See More

kinda OT_table setting 'funnies'

Q

Comments (8)
    I didn't know about tablescaping until I found the forum, but I sure do have fun setting them. If we were actually going to eat off of it, I would set it right before we used it, but since we rarely eat at those tables, it doesn't matter if it is set for a week or not. When I host big holiday dinners, I set the table the night before, but I have never found the tables to get dusty just overnight. I agree that Nate's opinion is definitely misguided by our standards, but it is just an opinion. We obviously have different ones, and if he ever experienced how much fun we have, he might change his tune (or his table settings, LOL) Ditto to what Karen said. Keep those tables coming everybody as I enjoy seeing everybody else's almost as much as I enjoy creating my own tables. TTFN, Candy
    ...See More

O/T Funny Tree Story

Q

Comments (8)
    That is so funny! I don't have any pets but we did purchase a tree years ago for my work - it was at least 15 feet high and beautiful. But we noticed the carpet was always damp around it - come to find out our janitor had been watering our artificial tree weekly!! He was amazed when we told him it wasn't real - and probably felt a bit foolish because he had done the same thing to our potted plants - which were also artificial!
    ...See More

OT- Funny

Q

Comments (5)
    Showed it to DH and he said "That's right, quit nagging!". Sigh.
    ...See More
  • 12 years ago

I think it was staged too. I don't think those little boys could get flower that high. And the fact that she came out with a camera tells me she knew what was going on.

• 12 years ago

I showed it to my husband at lunch and his first thought was, are they trying for the ten thousand?
    He definitely thought it was staged and now I do too.

• 12 years ago

I don't necessarily. Throwing it up in the air to make snow seems possible.

• 12 years ago

It was funny, but I also think it was staged. Some of the flour, like on the bottom edge of the picture frame was a bit too perfectly spread out.

And the mom was WAY too calm, even if it happened minutes earlier and then decided to video tape it.

• 12 years ago

I think it was staged too: "Aren't the little devils cute?"

• 12 years ago

Could be staged. Hard to trust home videos that "go viral" these days to be real. The little guy who asks, "What's the matter, mommy?" might have done so because minutes before, mommy was instructing him to play with the pretty bag of white stuff, and now he can't quite understand why she keeps saying, "Oh my gosh."

At any rate, I thought it was rather humorous and made me glad (for once) that I have no more than cat fur to pick up around my house. ;-)

• 12 years ago

Funny. I remember my boys having a yogurt fight in my kitchen once. When I was a teenager my friend and I shook up coke and squirted it at each other in her mother's kitchen. Her mother was not amused.

When I was about 4 my friend and I painted my parents basement white. We also painted ourselves and I was wearing a pretty wool jumper at the time. Oy.

Made me laugh, thanks for posting.

• 12 years ago

Water fight escalation: ended up with me bringing the hose into the living room. I was way old enough to know better.

My mother came home and walked out.

My brothers and I (mostly me) spent a long time mopping and blotting before she came home again.

Nothing my kids do really surprises me. Exactly what they manage to do, yes, but not that they do it. I've got it coming. :-)

• 12 years ago

I felt it was staged also. The flour perfectly on top of the photos and the tv? While a little kid might be capable, I am finding it hard to believe they perfectly threw the flour in those directions. Also, after the 5th "oh my gosh," I started to feel like she was acting and not sincere.

If this was a real situation, wouldn't most parents, at least, explain that this was naughty behavior?

• 12 years ago

It struck me as staged -- neither the mom nor the boys seemed surprised at seeing the other. The boys didn't act like they'd gotten caught, so if it wasn't staged, this must not have been a unique experience. At least it was dry.

• 12 years ago

Y'all have a point thinking it might have been staged.
    Someone else was there filming the video, and all the mom said was omg. With a good vacuum cleaner, cleanup is not a big deal.
    An you notice that she did not open the closed doors to see what other mischief might have been wrought.

• 12 years ago

How do children that age get a 5 lb. sack of flour? If they did, why wouldn't they just dump it in the kitchen where they presumably found it? How could they spread it around so far, so thoroughly, & so completely even if Mom spent 10 minutes away? Normally, they'd dump it in a big pile on the spot and start pushing it around. Even if the kids started throwing the flour, the living room wouldn't look like that. C'mon. I had three little boys once & have an idea of how they play.

And the mom's reactions don't have the right mixture of shock & annoyance.

They're precious little boys, but I think the mom's just trying to draw attention to them by faked misbehavior. Falcon Heene on a less perilous scale.

• 12 years ago

Actually, I think the "mom" is a bit of a sicko. There's no way that happened the way she is expecting people to believe. There's way more than a 5lb bag of flour in the LR. Also, didn't it seem odd the "mom" never took the camera into the kitchen where the kids would have gotten that bag of flour. "Oh my gosh, what am I going to do" in a low sounding already aware tone of voice is a dead giveway.

When my own DD was about 3 she got ahold of my Love That Pink Revlon lipstick and proceeded to cover her entire face. First, that particular lipstick could be applied early one morning and would still be in place by the next morning without reapplication. I was so shocked that I didn't freak out, was more concerned about how I was going to get it off of her. However, I didn't have a thorazine or some other mind altering drug attitude either, nor did I capture the result on video.

It really made me kind of sick that a "mom" would set something like that up. She's the one who ultimately has to do the clean up, right? What an idiot. Where was she when these two little ones found the flour, drug it into the LR and managed to cover every single space include spaces way over their little heads? Totally staged IMHO.

• 12 years ago

Those small boys could not have thrown that bag so evenly everywhere, but I do wonder why the adult would have done it, staged the flour everywhere, knowing they had to clean it up afterwards.

It's funny indeed auntjen, I think I would take the cat fur over that !!

• 12 years ago

This reminds me of a favorite story from a friend of ours. He was at home with his preschool daughter who was playing on the living room floor in front of him. He dozed off on the white leather couch and awoke to find that she had drawn his outline in black sharpie on the couch. (a la a dead person, as in what he would be when his wife found out that a) he dozed off while "on duty" and b) that her beautiful white leather couch now looked like a crime scene) Apparently, a few days earlier, she and her mom had been outlining each other in chalk out on the driveway.

Somehow he was able to clean up the evidence and we only have his hilarious retelling of the story because in his panic, he never took any pictures.

• 12 years ago

This one was posted a few years ago and you can tell it is real. It's paint and they even painted the TV and their legs. Boys will be boys. Haha!

• 12 years ago

I think that was staged. They said the Mom was not feeling well and in the bathroom longer than expected, but I still think it was set up.

Reminds me, though, of a true story my mother told me. She had put my two older brothers down for their nap. At the time, the eldest was almost 2, and the other one was 6 months, and in a crib. The eldest one climbed up on the changing table, got into the diaper supplies and then climbed into the crib with his little brother. He then slathered vaseline all over the baby, and shook out a whole container of baby powder all over him and the mattress. My mother came in, saw the mess around the room - and when she looked in the crib, she said it looked as though the baby was lying in a pile of snow, all she could see were his two big brown eyes underneath all the powder!

• 12 years ago

My kids had a similar incident with glitter (not a 5-pound bag of it, thank goodness!) but there was quite a lot of it. It was really, really hard to clean up, and a lot of it got stuck in the kitchen counter tile grout, and wouldn't come out. It's probably still there (different house now).

caminnc, I'm looking forward to seeing the one you mentioned!

I think the flour one was staged, too, but it was entertaining.

• 12 years ago

I didn't pay so much close attention to the preciseness of how it was all laid out but I can say that in a short period of time it can all be spread out quite evenly. For awhile I couldn't keep my kids out of the powder. I went through more containers of powder from my boys throwing it around on top of eachother and on the wood floors and then sliding across the floors in their socks. "Whheeeeee lookit me Mommy, LOOKIT ME!" thud, thud, thud. And "Mommy, Mommy - DS2 is a ghost!". They did learn how to vacuum by the age of 3 and still love to vacuum.

Some days I had to acknowledge that it was beyond me freaking out and to just walk away w/ a "You wait till your Father gets home!". Ask me about the day the kids had a mud fight at 8:30 AM w/ themselves, the house, the car and the dog. Even the dog hung her head low when I walked out. Aaaahhhhh, those are the pictures I laugh at now.

My elderly neighbor commented to me one day that my children are the dirtiest children that he's ever seen and he likes it that way. "They sure do have some fun now don't they?!" he said.

My initial reactions now (sad to say) are "Are you freakin' nuts? What's wrong w/ you guys!"

• 12 years ago

Opp's sorry. Here is the picture.

• 12 years ago

i agree, it was staged...no way the kids I know could do that much damage with that amount of flour without someone knowing what was happening...and I guarantee the homeowner would not be grabbing a
    Camera and staying that calm....

• 12 years ago

I poured a can of soup on a dining table, sprinkled salt and pepper in it and got up on the table and danced in my bare feet when I was about four. Food is fun to play with!

I agree that it's hard to say if this was for-real or staged. Maybe it was staged but did happen on a smaller scale at some point in real life. Or...Maybe mom just wants to convince dad that they really need all new furniture and accessories ASAP!

• 12 years ago

OMG Caminnc! Are those your boys? What did you do?!

• 12 years ago

I don't know if it was staged, but it sure brought back memories of the messes my 3 used to make. Nothing that extreme, thank goodness!

• 12 years ago

I once owned a pair of mischievous kittens who, while I was out, found a five-pound plastic bag of spaghetti.

Near as I could figure, one of them chewed off one corner of the bag, and the other one dragged the bag all OVER the apartment, till it was empty.

I came home to find a RIVER of uncooked spaghetti, crossing and criss-crossing, from room to room, in every room of the apartment.

And ya know what? You can't vacuum up spaghetti. You have to pick it up, like pick-up sticks. Took about an hour.

PS. I rinsed it off and we had it for dinner that night.

• 12 years ago

100% staged.

If you look at the flour on the back/top of the couch you can see that someone would need to be standing above the couch or at least much higher than the top of the couch to get that "tossed" look. It all just looks too strategic.

No way little kids did that.

• 12 years ago

OMG! Does that ever bring back memories.

Years ago, my third child got into the flour - unbeknownst to me. She was just about two years old at the time and I was on bedrest for pregnancy number four. Hubby was gone for just a few minutes...

Anyway, I walked into the kitchen to find her sitting on the floor with her little chubby legs straddling the flower canister. She was throwing flour in the air.

Every box, every can, every freaking container, every shelf (all the way to the top) was covered in flour. A fine mist was covering part of the kitchen, as well. I couldn't believe that my little angel could make so much mess!

And since I was on bedrest,hubby and older kids had to clean up the mess!

(It's a lot funnier telling since I didn't have to clean it. LOL)

• 12 years ago

Oops, for the above to make sense, it should read that my darling daughter was sitting on the floor "in" the pantry.

• 12 years ago

Kind of made me sick...I don't think those kids did that. If you look at the floor and the way they're wiping it around, they're playing in the fun stuff on the floor. There are no mounds of flour as there would be if it were dumped out. Unless they flung it precisely, there would have been a much bigger mess. Plus, no little foot prints on the top of the mess either. But the thing that got me most was her incessant 'oh my gosh'. SHUDDUP already!

When mine were small, if they were quiet for more than 20 seconds I KNEW they were up to something. Green permanent marker mustaches? Check. Playing beauty shop with their brother? Check. Smashed up oreos shoved up noses? Check. Dog covered in peanut butter? Check. Or when DD1 stuffed her newborn sisters mouth full of bark dust (while I was holding the baby and having a conversation with friends). After that incident I never kept a door shut if I wasn't in the room with them.

• 12 years ago

Too funny mclarke! I guess as long as it was rinsed...

• 12 years ago

ttodd, no they are not my boys. I don't even know them. If they were mine, I would first be worried about their health, second I would worry about their health!!! They sure look like they had a good time. Wonder how they ever cleaned it all up. These stories are too funny!

• 12 years ago

Staged or not, I sure did enjoy the stories that many of you shared here. Thanks to those who made me laugh (and made me thankful I don't have such messes to clean up!)!

• 12 years ago

Okay, our local news channel did a story about the video an hour ago. They didn't mention that it was staged. They said after the mother taped it, she laid on the floor and cried, then called her MIL.

• 12 years ago

It looks like they were taken in by the hoax, for all the reasons given, including the physical impossibility of the flour being scattered in the higher places, it seems definitely staged.

• 12 years ago

They were interviewed by Matt Lauer today who quizzed them about the fake possibilities. From his questioning, I think some one is reading our posts :-)

I still think it is fake.

• 12 years ago

Faaaaakkke!

Remember Balloon Boy? uh-huh..This is the 2011 version of it. atleast the police was not involved this time ;)

• 12 years ago

I can see how a kid could throw the flour up into the air enough to make it "snow". I can see how if you throw it up high enough it could get onto the ledges and frames. I can also see the mom being to sick to deal with her kids in the bathroom. I've been there, done that! When I am sick I am usually calmer less energetic to deal with kids so whatever happens happens. It's easier to laugh or just deal calmly, IMO. I totally recognize that reaction of just taking it all in, in shock. I am sure she wasn't expecting a mess that size! And yes, I can see how a 5 lb bag of flour can make that much of a mess.

It IS hard to trust home videos, however, since there is such reward that can be gleaned from staging.

I was definitely laughing as the video went on. Is that bad karma?

• 12 years ago

First thing DH said when he saw it was that it was set up. I've seen the video a few times and I have to agree. Regardless, it IS something kids do, I think tho that Mommy had a hand in helping out.

• 12 years ago

Having seen what a toddler can do in a few minutes with just a few boxes of pudding mix ... I don't think it's staged.

Handfuls of flour can splat quite a distance, and it does look like they were spreading "snow" around, and fingerpainting in it.

• 12 years ago

I don't know, why on earth would anyone intentionally trash their house like that? I can attest to the amount of trouble a toddler can get into in a short period of time.

I have an entire album on my FB page dedicated to the mischeif my son gets in. He is 2, it's about a years worth of pictures where my cell phone was handy and I was able to snap the pic. Usually by the time I find him, it's already done and there is no sense in screaming at him, so I just try to find the humor in it.
    I can assure you all I am not neglecting him while he does it. I'm usually either in the basement switching out the laundry, or upstairs putting the laundry away and failed to realize the little bugger got away from me and has gotten into something.

His favorites: ripping the tissues out of the box, unrolling the entire toilet paper roll, and toothpaste/creams in tubes. This one was from yesterday.

The tube he is holding is Aveeno Anti-itch eczema cream. It cost $12.00 and he pulled it out of one of the grocery bags and did this while I went back out to the car to get more bags.

• 12 years ago

When my son was two he got up in the middle of the night, opened a big jar of vaseline and spread it all over the hardwood floors and part of the walls. He said he was playing. Of course I was annoyed but he was only a child and kids do these things. I'll tell you it took tons of elbow grease to get that off, wish it had been flour. lol

• 12 years ago

Our older son got into Desitin one day when I must have blinked. He painted it all over himself and the antique dresser we used as a changing table. Little kids can be quite fast. I videoed him and sent it to my dh at his school because it was midday. By the time I got the camera, I was not shocked but was probably saying "OMG" as I noticed more and more what he had finger painted with it. Our ds looked sheepish and all we could see was his eyes through the snow white face.

On another day, I was taking paint and wallpaper down in dh's office that the boys were going to use as their room (in our first house). I had scraped stuff off and it must have been on the tray of the painter's ladder. Well, my older ds tipped the ladder, and when I went to yell "watch out", it tipped paint chips and dust into my mouth. I ran to the bathroom and was getting sick when the phone rang. My older son (approx 2.5) got the phone and for some crazy reason, went out the front door to give it to my husband in the yard, when he could have gone out the side door and gotten to him quicker and easier. Well... his little bro, just over 1 and naked as a jay bird, followed him out the front door and wandered into the road. Our older son did not notice his brother. We lived on a busy residential street. Luckily, cars stopped and a police officer ran over and picked him up. My dh was in the backyard on the phone and noticed traffic acting funny when he looked over the front fence while chatting with my father. Then he saw the police officer walking to him with our naked son. I was still in the bathroom getting sick and he had had no clue that I was not right with the boys still. This all happened within 5 minutes from start to finish. It sounds crazy when you hear the story, but kids act in weird ways and things can progress quickly.

• 12 years ago

My niece rubbed an entire tube of Desitin into the fur of the family Sheltie while my SIL was otherwise engaged - doesn't take long for chaos to happen!

• 12 years ago

For more like this, have you seen s**t my kids ruined .com?
    (sorry about the name of the website!)

• 12 years ago

DH thought it was staged as well; I'm not sure

I remember 30 plus years ago when a close friend's 3-year old son woke up before her and spread mustard, ketchup and I can't remember what else throughout her silverware drawer, cabinets, floors, etc. My own DS spread an entire bottle of shampoo when he was about 2 1/2 on the bathroom floor while I went into his room to get pajamas. (Have you ever cleaned up shampoo???It keeps going and going and going) Things like this can happen faaast.
    Dee

• 12 years ago

I don't know if this video was staged or not, but I can completely believe that small kids could throw flour up that high. I look at what my mixer can send flying when I'm baking--kids who are making a "flour snowstorm" could easily do better than that.

When my mom had to leave kids that age alone for even a second, she put them in a playpen. I know playpens have fallen out of favor these days, but they did work at both keeping kids safe and keeping them out of places parents didn't want them to go.

I guess I'm kind of heartless, because I watched that video and I did not see a "destroyed" house. It was messy and coated in flour, but not destroyed. Some sweeping, some dusting and some vacuuming would get up most of the flour. It's not like the kids were using markers or paint or oil or chocolate sauce. Chocolate sauce can really stain upholstery fabric, as my brothers found out once upon a time. As kid-created disasters go, this one really isn't all that bad--it seems confined to one room and a hallway, using a substance that can be removed relatively easily with no permanent damage. Yes, it looks spectacular, but it's really not that bad.

And the parents now have pictures they can threaten to show every date those boys come home with.

• 12 years ago

Yayagal, my friend's little girl played in a big tub of Vaseline that she'd snuck into her room, when her parents thought she was sleeping. They heard some commotion, went in to check on her, and found her sitting in bed, completely covered head to toe, along with everything else in the vicinity. She was such an oily mess, but the damage was already done, so they spiked her hair with the great globs of Vaseline already in it, and took photos of her with a huge grin on her face. (I know they also chastised her for playing in the stuff, but even more importantly, they learned to put things like that up and out of reach.)

• 12 years ago

Where are those vacuum cleaner salesmen that guarantee their vacuum will pick up anything!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH