SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen_maman

Help deciding on countertops-new to forum

kitchen_maman
11 years ago

Hello! I have been reading up on lots of threads about your renovations over the past six weeks, and I have learned a lot! I hope I can get some good advice about countertops.

We are going to do a remodel and expansion on our small 1951 rambler. We are going to add a dining room off the back of our kitchen, about 13 by 12 and completely open up our kitchen to the living areas. The kitchen is basically a galley style and is about 12 by 9. I have always loved black and white marble checkered floors on a diamond and will put them in the kitchen and dining room. We are pretty sure we are going with Shiloh cabinets, inlay, with the Tessa door, painted white. We have a panel ready fridge, have decided on the Aga Legacy 36 in vintage white and a white farmer's sink. The backsplash will be Merola Tile Lantern 12-1/2 in. x 12-1/2 in. White Porcelain Mesh-Mounted Mosaic Tile from home depot. We are using black grout for the backsplash and the floors. The walls, what there is, will be a deep orange color.

So what do we do for the countertops? We were thinking white fantasy granite. It looks like marble, without the staining. Of course, I am not so worried about staining...on the other hand, we are trying to keep cost down as much as possible. We don't want the countertops to compete too much with the floors. I don't really want black because I don't want it to be so stark. We do like creamy granites, my thought it that it would warm up the kitchen. On the other hand, we just LOVED the White Fantasy.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts!!! Thank you!

Comments (11)