SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Chalkboard for refrigerator - questions...

User
14 years ago

I'm at a stand still. I'd like to put a chalkboard on my refrigerator to help break up the white since it has to stay. Like this.

Compliments of Squirrel's awesome photoshop skills

{{!gwi}}

I'm having difficulty trying to figure out what to use. I finally found these magnetic hooks that say... (link)

"These powerful magnetic assemblies with attached hooks can lift from 9 lbs. to 20 lbs. in a vertical test. Use them to hang a shop light from the inside of a car hood or metal beam. Hang tools, keys or kitchen utensils from metal doors, refrigerators, filing cabinets or any ferrous metal surface. Their range of shop, household, office or point-of-purchase uses are nearly unlimited."

They show three hooks so does that mean the small ones holds 9 lbs?

Thought an actual chalkboard with a wooden frame would look nicer than a flat magnetic sheet that goes right to the refrigerator. Not to mention, the only place I can find the magnetic sheets is on ebay and the size is too small. Also don't know how they hold up. Maybe I could attach a cabinet pull to the top of a vintage chalkboard and use one of these hooks? Not sure how I would keep it from flopping around when opening the door.

I was looking for sizes of either 18x24ish or 16x20ish.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

That site also has magnetic picture hangers that actually say how much they hold. Maybe get one of those instead? The 5lb one is 3x4. I could spray paint it black? Hang a picture or something instead of a chalkboard?

Also have round base magnets

http://www.allmagnetics.com/device/roundbase.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Hooks

Comments (12)