SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oofasis

Can anyone help me buy a rug online? Bad idea?

oofasis
16 years ago

Can you help me buy a couple of large area rugs? I don't know how to shop for them - don't know what material to look for, thickness, if where they're made matters, what sizes for the spaces, and long ago exhausted our remodel "budget."

To compound how daunting a task this is for me, I work fulltime. As our four a half month remodel is winding down, I'm still running around shopping for this or that detail, and now I'm at the point where I have to unpack the (dread!) tons of boxes of STUFF that need to be put away. So, time to shop for rugs is at a premium. Dare I shop for a rug online? I want to, but am intimidated because of my utter ignorance. Can you steer me to some good online sites? And while I know I need large rugs, can I find nice ones for $700-$900????

I need two rugs: for the dining room under a 42x62 (un-expanded) carved mahogany table set that's about 70 years old; and in the great room under a jumbo leather sectional (11 x 9 x 5.5). Both rooms have wide cherry plank floors with nice beveled edges. My style is definitely a mix of traditional/eclectic; in the great room I've thrown in some modern lighting accents.

Can you guys throw out some suggestions for me? I'd be so grateful for any help. After living through an extensive remodel with two additions and a brand new kitchen, I want desperately to be finished so I can relax and enjoy my life!

Comments (6)