SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda_2006

My On-Line Rug Buy has Arrived

teeda_2006
16 years ago

I posted a few days ago about purchasing rugs on-line from Smart Bargains. I ordered an 8 x 10 shag wool shag rug for our basement remodel, and was a little hesitant as I'd never ordered a large rug on-line before.

The rug arrived yesterday (I only ordered it Monday!) and it is really nice! I paid $269 for it. As soon as I unrolled a corner to take a peek, I saw a price tag from Linen & Things for $499. So I guess I got a good deal. Shipping was only $2.99 (I purchased the $2.99 shipping plan--anything I buy is shipped at that price--for a one time $15 membership fee).

I will say that it is not the color they described it as being, and the actual color looks quite a bit different from the picture. It was supposed to be "tortoise" which they described as rusts, browns and yellows. Instead it is browns, beiges, and specks of black (or very dark brown). The good thing is that these colors work very well with what I will be doing in the basement room, so I'm still very happy. The rug is very thick and shaggy, so should be a fun look for the basement "media" room. Because of the difference in the color they described and what I actually received, however, I think I would hesitate to order a rug for a more important area of the house where a specific colors were important. But this is perfect for my needs, and saved me a lot of running around and shopping.

I also purchased a rubber door mat for $14.99. It looks almost identical to the french axis rubber doormats that Ballard designs carries.

Earlier in the fall I purchased a faux antler chandelier four our lake cabin. I had been coveting these for a while, but could never find anything for less than hundreds (even faux). This was $139 so I grabbed it. It's actually quite nice (and will look fabulous when I replace the wagon wheel chandelier that's been hanging over table since the 50's I think!).

Anyhow, I've been happy with my purchases so thought I'd pass it along.

Comments (7)