SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Will this turquoise accent scheme work in kitchen?

Jamie
11 years ago

I'm considering using my old Watt bowls as accent in my new kitchen and getting a colored range (RAL 5018). I have a few of these.

My question is: will it work? The turquoise stripe on the bowl is so thin by comparison to the mauve one, and the range and stripe will undoubtedly not be identical in color. I'd like to bring a turquoise accent into the adjacent DR, too.

Would I need to add another turqouise thing to make it work? I really wanted to keep the room simple, so if adding more is necessary I'd probably just forgo the turquoise range.

The cabs are "white chocolate" a shade or two darker/tanner than the trim color of the rest of the house. The floors are fir/toward yellow and the kitchen window trim is natural. (We stripped it. I wanted the kitchen to be a little less painted/more rustic/more scrubbed looking.) The counters will be dark soapstone and stainless. The rest of the downstairs walls are shades of yellow.

The kitchen walls are currently an invisible gray. They will never be a strong or dark color.

Comments (6)