SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffany_ballard79

Finalizing Kitchen - Wall of turquoise zellige, too much?

2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are making the final decisions on the finishes for our kitchen remodel. We need to place orders to make sure things are here in time. I would really appreciate your input and ideas for our finishes.

We have purchased our flooring, appliances (SS), and cabinet/drawer faces.

We are using a white quartz with subtle veining for all surfaces.

This is an image from a kitchen using the same floors and door fronts as we are using. We are using flooret Soho Signature floors and Semihandmade tahoe fronts (for the appliance wall) and semihandmade white shaker for all the other cabinets (island and cooktop cabinet run).

Backsplash/cooktop wall

• backsplash (90% set on using cle zelige tile, but nervous.... here is the tile

My other idea is to use the quartz counters as the backsplash, but I worry it is too much white, safe and boring, no personality

White oak opening shelving (with no hardware, floating). Thinking two shelves to the left of the hood, none to the right. I like the scale of this shelving, but what about the sink that will be right there too?

white oak cooktop hood, or should the hood be white or something else?

lighting

• location of recessed lights
  • pendants for the island (2 or 3). The island will be 11 x 6
  • scones for the backsplash wall, maybe one over the sink, or one on each side of the cooktop. I like this one for over the sink on the wall,

I like these pendants for the island, but I am unsure, maybe we have too much brass and white and need some black somewhere. Do we want 2 or 3 pendants?

hardware

• I bought one of these and we like it and it matches our faucets. I also like that we won't catch our clothing on it and are less likely to bruise ourselves if we bump into it.

Here are the faucets we are using

Here are the sinks we plan to use

Worries - I'm worried it is too much white and brass and maybe we need some black somewhere. I know I don't want black hardware on the white cabinets, but I am open to black on the tahoe cabinets. I am also worried about too much turquoise backsplash, but I do LOVE it, like it makes me smile inside and out when I look at, just not sure about soooo much of it, but I also kind of like that idea too...

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas

Comments (51)