SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillandmatt_gw

Thinking about purchasing a natural fiber rug (jute, sisal, etc.)

jillandmatt
12 years ago

Hello Folks,

I am thinking about purchasing a natural fiber rug for our great room but have a few concerns... On the positive side I really like the casual look and the fact that they are neutral colors. I have neutral furniture (dark leather couch, khaki chairs) and neutral (khaki beige)walls. I plan to add color with pillows, window treatments and accessories. My concerns are I don't want a rug that is uncomfortable to walk on (we will not be sitting on it just walking/standing) and I don't want a rug that is difficult to clean and stains easily (I have three kids). Another thing I'm wondering is if there is a big difference in the quality of these rugs. Could I go with one from Overstock (cheaper) or should I stick to a company that specializes in these like sisalrugs.com or naturalfiberrugs.com? I would love to hear anyone's experience with these rugs or any suggestions. One more thing- I need a rug that is more "oatmeal", "almond" or "khaki" in color. Most of them seem to be too gold for my wall color.

Thanks so much for any help!

Jill

Comments (6)