SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murrywoods_gw

Want this (don't laugh) to turn out like Redroze's kitchen.

murrywoods
14 years ago

First here is rough layout of my kitchen. The dotted line is where the addition was added by previous ownerÂs to this 1950Âs cape. Will paint all the cabinets Chantilly Lace along with the ceiling and trim. New lighting going in the ceiling. New hardwood floor. Dark stain. Before seeing the before and after of RedrozeÂs (and otherÂs) kitchen/family room I never would have considered a dark hardwood. Now I canÂt think of doing anything but the dark.

Now we will start the photo tour. This is looking in the kitchen from the dining room. ONLY this one is big.

This is to the right. There is an alcove behind this, with three windows. Thinking of putting in a built in bench.

This is next. The frig and cabinets. Going to push this over a little to the right. To fit in a row of built in shelfÂs.

The microwave will go over stove.

This is the back wall. Where the dishwasher is now I would like to extend (so I would have a U shape) making a small island and put the dishwasher facing the stove. Take off the cabinets above. Then I could hang pendant lights over the counter and put two stools here.

This continues the back wall. The windows and door are going and putting in hinged French door and a doggie door. This wall goes out to the patio. I only have 15.8 of wall space here, from corner to the dishwasher.

Then the back wall. I only have 9Â6" here. Putting in a fireplace. And a TV above.

This wall is where the couch will go.

Next the wall wraps around to the basement door. Think the half caulk board door like Jbrodie would be perfect here

Last is the left side if you were looking in from the dining room. The wine frig here and then a row of built in, stained in the dark color like Redroze.

Help with layout suggestions/ideas. The kitchen is very chopped up. Seems like a lot is just wasted space.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!