SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forgottensong

Anguish over Kraft Maid cabinets - Advice!

forgottensong
14 years ago

Should we accept gouges, scratches, glue, holidays in the glaze, etc.? We spent $25K on a Kraft Maid kitchen which was delivered end of last month. Our installer unboxed and examined each piece. I made up an excel spread sheet to catalog each piece's # and problem - 2 pages!

Kraft Maid is sending a technician out at the end of the month for 4 hours to fix the problems. I don't know where he will work since our kitchen isn't demolished yet - we wanted to be functional until the problems are fixed. The new cabinets are in the kitchen, bath, hall and dining room. Will he have time for 2 pages of problems?

Quality control is a real issue with Kraft Maid. I am not saying that the cabinets are poorly made. The man in "customer care" told me he thinks 1 piece in 100 is looked at. For example: a door had nicked out wood on all 4 corners but was stained over the hacked up wood. A shelf has so much glue on it it looks like a thrift store bargain. There is a chunk out of a side of double doors and a 3" white scratch in the other side. A couple of knots are a half inch deep and white (no stain) at the bottom. There are bumpers missing on doors, etc.

We are really excited about this kitchen. We really love the Dillon birch, praline stain on most cabinets with the moss mocha glaze on the glass cabinets. We love the design from Home Depot but hate Kraft Maid's lack of customer service. They really don't seem to care.

How do I handle the teckie who likely will say the damage is really nothing to be concerned about, will not show, etc. How do I handle Kraft Maid direct if the teckie doesn't work out?

We're seriously considering telling Kraft Maid to come and remove all the cabinets, etc. and refund our money but there is a restocking fee that may be 15%. What to do???

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!