SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thermsen_gw

Need help with paint to go with this leather sofa color

thermsen
13 years ago

This sofa has always been a problem for me. It is in our very large and fairly narrow living room. There is a sofa and a loveseat and they are both very big and bulky. I need a paint color to go with these and an accent color. I am going for a clean traditional/contemporary look and am currently repainting all of my house trim white. The colors in the house right now are Camelback, Whole Wheat and Believable Buff, and Antique White. All from the same SW strip. I gave up trying to find a color other than these to go with the sofa and painted the wall Whole Wheat. It's okay but pretty boring. The hardest part is that the main wall is very large and long and I don't know yet what I'm going to put above the sofa. I am thinking of doing a stencil on the entire wall - maybe this one (http://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/wall_art-stencils.html) or some type of wall decoration or large pattern with paint. If I do that stencil I think I would do it in the Believable Buff on the Whole Wheat color wall and maybe paint two large canvases with a dark color and do the stencils on the canvases with the BB and the rust color of the sofa. Hope that makes sense. I bought dark brown and cream zebra pillows to go on the sofa and I do like those but am not opposed to something else.

Every paint color in this room changes drastically at different parts of the day making all that much easier - lol. Anyone out there with this color sofa?

Comments (11)