SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nishka_gw

Need pics/suggestion for range hood backsplash dilemma

nishka
13 years ago

As I am second guessing my decision not to extend the cabinets to full ceiling height, it occured to me that extending the backsplash up the wall past the base of the hood would either create a somewhat incomplete look by stopping at the top of the cabinets or an equally awkward look if the backsplash was extended up to the crown molding.

I saw a kitchen renovation on HGTV this morning where they built a soffit type box (with added crown molding) between the top of two wall cabinets on either side of the range hood. This box extended to the ceiling and enclosed the top the chimney vent.

By adding this box they were able to bring their backsplash up to the bottom of the soffit box which was at the same level as the top of their wall cabinets, not including the height of the crown molding. It created a natural stopping point for the backsplash and a bridge between the two cabinets.

{{!gwi}}

Please post any pic of what you did or any ideas you have. I am definitely looking for suggestions, and if you have pic of what I described I'd love to see it.

Thanks!!!

Comments (7)