SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Before and After pics of the family room.

zipdee
14 years ago

The room it's self is about 90% done. Today my DH is going to build me beadboard 'faux' backs to slide into place to cover all the wires in the TV area. The rooms needs to be decorated yet still .. I need to pick out a rug, a center light for the ceiling, baskets for under the TV area to go on the bottom shelf, lamps for the table, drapes, art and accessories for the bookcases. I'm really, really pleased with where we stand right now though.

Okay the before pics again :

Badly done textured ceiling, furniture from old home that didn't fit the room.

Under sized bookcases :

And .. yes that is sheetrock around the surround and cement on the hearth.

Now the after pics :

The lighter room color and beadboard brighten the room so, so much! We went with a slipcovered sectional for best use of space in this room. All five of us were on it last night with plenty of elbow room to stretch out. The tables are from a local consignment shop, I got both for $70 .. they're solid wood and in perfect shape.

The new ceiling looking in from the french doors :

Mantle area, that's the same mirror after some flat black paint and silver rub and buff.

Eventually there will be a flat screen TV hanging on the wall where the current TV is now and that stand will go bye - bye. For now it's a vast improvement on what was there. Please ignore the tangle of wires, they will be bound and then hid with beadboard faux backs that will slide into place in front of them.

Comments (43)