SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarschlos_remodeler

Layout -- have I solved the problem?

Having considered and played with everyone's suggestions, I felt that moving putting either the sink or the cooktop on that backwall with the refrigerator, pantry and ovens was just too tight, but I did not like putting the ovens on the opposite leg of the L from the cooktop (makes braising difficult). I'm back for one more try. Wondering if I get more traction out of a U shape than I do out of an L + island. Please let me know your thoughts.

The MW will be in the oven stack next to the fridge.

Background for those that don't know it: we're a family of 4 with 2 little ones (and one dog). The focus is the backyard (the 2 giant doors on the wall to the right are actually 10' sliders). The other "door" is an 8' opening that looks down to the entry and living room. The master bedroom is behind the refrigerator wall. We will be removing all or most of a wall between the dining room and kitchen, so our dining table will be in the empty area next to the peninsula (yes, seating at the peninsula is important for snacks and homework and project space). The family room is on the other side of the left wall.

The house is a 1964 California ranch-ish hillside home (it has mid-century ranch tendencies but half levels because it's built into the side of a hill, but it doesn't have the typical layout of a split-level).

Thanks!!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor