SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolitis

cabinet color for small kitchen

carolitis
11 years ago

Making final decisions about a kitchen remodel.Kitchen was typical galley style- but tiny-8'x10'. We have opened a half wall near the den 40" and around the front entrance of kitchen and will put a small bar so will only have bottom cabinets in that section.

Have closed off a 2nd door further down on that side for for cab and counter space and will have a refrigerator panel.

Big question-On the opposite wall, as you enter kitchen,by the dining room, we are removing the wall out entirely and extending the cabinets a little to match the length of bar opposite.

I Am using all wood, nicely trimmed cabinets with crown molding to the ceiling.

Since it is a small kitchen- didn't want to go too dark light- med. stain or white cabinets. But now am questioning that since there will not be a wall on one side of cabinets next to dining area, would stained cabs. look better than white painted cabs. even though we are going to have decorative end panel sides and a decorative leg?

People will also be able to see into the kitchen more since the half wall on opposite corner will be opened partially. Most say white makes a small galley kitchen look bigger. In this situation I have never entered a kitchen where white cabinets were exposed to another room and not side covered by a wall.

I think the trade off for extra space and functionality and a pantry cabinet are worth it. BUT WHAT COLOR CABINETS WOULD YOU USE? Opinions please!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio